Moving from ECLIPSE to ECLIPSE EHR Cloud
This document changes frequently & was last updated on 2/22/2023. It provides details about moving from ECLIPSE to ECLIPSE EHR Cloud. For generic information about our cloud software, please refer to the FAQ here. If you expect to move your data to the cloud version, the first thing that must be established is whether or not key features you currently use have already been developed & tested in our cloud product. Please review the information below to get started.
Can you explain the onboarding process for current ECLIPSE users?
You want your data converted, right??? And you certainly want training — or at least an overview — before you begin, correct??? Each of these processes is both time & people intensive.
- First, you’ll fill out an online form to provide us with some initial information. Please click here to review, sign & submit the form — after you’ve read everything in this article and the related FAQ.
- Next, we’ll contact you to further evaluate whether this is a good fit for your specific office right now. For example, do you have good internet access?
- We may then provide a link so you can create an online account & start your subscription. This process includes a new BAA which will be signed as part of the onboarding process. Existing users can log in by clicking here.
- Once you begin your subscription, if you want a data conversion (which we recommend), we will mutually arrange for you to provide us with your data.
- Once we have your data, we will likely convert it overnight for use the following morning. As we noted here, there are currently no fees associated with this conversion process.
- Do not expect to be able to arrange a data conversion for a Monday, the first day of a month, etc. There are thousands of you.
If you do *not* want us to convert your data, we still expect you’ll need minimal training from us. We will have videos, online training, and webinars available. However, in general, this process (no data conversion) can get you up & running more quickly. Please note that you cannot simply change your mind two weeks later & inform us that you were mistaken & really, really want to convert your data. This is a tremendous amount of work for us. As a business owner, we expect you to make the best choice for your office & move forward.
What’s functional in ECLIPSE EHR Cloud right now aside from the expected ability to enter patient & related data? Items in blue text are optional features which incur additional charges.
- Appointment scheduler.
- Backups (which are automated).
- Billing via ANSI 837 (electronically) & on paper to the current revision (02-12) of the CMS-1500 form. Electronic billing is currently enabled for the following clearinghouses: Alveo & Infinedi. If you use an alternate clearinghouse, it’s unlikely that it will be added to the mix anytime soon.
- Consolidated views that allow you to see more information with less clicking.
- Credit Card & web based electronic patient statement processing through NCMIC.
- Data filters.
- Document management (e.g. scanning & import).
- Eligibility checks via Alveo’s clearinghouse.
- Email client & unique office email address at our exclusive domain: patientmsg.com.
- Family assignments for patient grouping.
- Favorites for procedures, diagnoses, etc.
- Reports including: A/R, Audit, Daysheet, Form letters, Patient List, Pending Encounters, Narratives, Statistics, Trace Patient Visits.
- Text Messaging.
Note that the above system features do not necessarily function in the same or similar ways to ECLIPSE for Windows. For example, ECLIPSE for Windows can send SMS notification messages. In contrast, ECLIPSE EHR Cloud has much more robust capabilities, including a bi-directional interface that allows you to both send & receive SMS text messages, review their delivery status, display them by patient or systemwide, etc.
NOTE: ECLIPSE EHR Cloud has the same base capabilities as *Advanced* versions of ECLIPSE for Windows.
What is NOT yet functional in ECLIPSE EHR Cloud that you may currently be using in ECLIPSE? Items in red text below are *not* expected to become part of ECLIPSE EHR Cloud functionality. Items in blue text are a current priority:
- ANSI 835 remittance import.
- Bulk payments
- Bulk scanning.
- Credit card processing via X-Charge.
- DrFirst (Rx) integration.
- Global deductible reset.
- Insurance tracers.
- Legacy Fee Slips
- Legacy KIOSK functionality.
- Legacy SOAP & Notes tabs within the patient’s folder.
- Legacy feature to send SMS text messages via email.
- Mailing labels.
- NY Worker’s Comp forms (including Carisk interface) & billing forms other than the CMS-1500.
- ONC Certification.
- Patient portal. This includes a wide variety of new features we expect to introduce in coming months — including patient scheduling outside the portal environment (e.g. through your website).
- PDF Form Templates to create custom forms.
- Reports not mentioned above.
- Third party integrations. (These must be re created — where possible by whatever company you’re currently working with).
What do I need to know about converting my data?
- You must be able to provide your backup to us across the internet. You may provide us with a backup by the early evening and we will have it up & running by your morning business hours. After you create an ECLIPSE EHR Cloud account, you’ll contact our Help Desk so we can begin the process of converting your data. You cannot use your new account until we have transitioned your data. If you do, anything you add may be overwritten or duplicated during the conversion process. This will be handled by appointment and we will provide software to help you move your data to our systems.
- Custom forms & form data created in ECLIPSE for Windows cannot currently be moved to ECLIPSE EHR Cloud. This is unlikely to change when PDF editing capabilities are added to our cloud software because the company whose technology we used as a foundation may not have browser based cloud capabilities. Equivalent forms will need to be recreated once this technology becomes operational.
- Daily reminders, a 1990’s ECLIPSE legacy feature which was superseded by the alerts system, will not be imported to the cloud.
- In the early 1990’s, SOAP & Notes word processing tabs could be added for each patient. Any existing data entered will automatically be imported & stored in the patient’s Documents folder.
- Users will not be transferred from ECLIPSE. This may affect some filters on some reports & alerts.
- Alerts assigned to specific users in your Windows software will become system alerts.
- Form letters will have to be re-written in the cloud. Editing is similar with respect to how ECLIPSE data is added — so you should be able to copy/paste your form letters & re-assign the variables (e.g. for a patient’s first name).
- Doctor / Profile Billing ID#’s. This legacy data table exists to handle overflow billing ID#’s (> 10) & simply isn’t necessary for the cloud version of ECLIPSE — which can directly handle as many ID#’s as necessary. Since we aren’t converting this data, IF AND ONLY IF you’re using this feature (a rarity), you must manually gather this data to enter it into our cloud software. We will confirm this when you arrange your data conversion.
- Audit logs are not converted. As a consequence, information that appears within the ECLIPSE patient Ledger’s tab when you first select Print & then select the History tab will not be available (e.g. dates bills & copies were generated).
- Appointment templates are not converted because the scheduler works differently.
- If you import 835 (electronic remittance) data, behind-the-scenes CAS information is not imported. Nor will we import ANSI 837 (electronic claim) PWK data. This data should be irrelevant to 99.99% of situations.
- Guarantor assignment is different in EEC. Your existing guarantors will be copied into the associated patient(s) during the conversion. EEC does not have a separate guarantor database. Once you begin using EEC, you will be able to mark any patient as a family “head of household.” Once this is done, the designated patient will be available in a new “family” list and will be selectable when adding a guarantor for a related patient (e.g. spouse, child). Once you manually establish this relationship in EEC, it will carry forward to related patients when updating payer & policy info for the family head of household.
- We have used live & manufactured data over the past two years to continually improve our data conversion processes from ECLIPSE to EEC. Nonetheless, any perceived discrepancies from your data conversion must be brought to our attention within 3 business days of the conversion. Be aware that we may not be able to address your issue. However, to the best of our knowledge, we’ve included all the possible discrepancies you may encounter in this section.